Do You Know…
Where the Jobs Are in the Federal Government?
Good news! The U.S. Federal Government is hiring and you can find out the inside scoop by visiting: www.wherethejobsare.org.
To better inform potential job applicants about available opportunities, Where the Jobs Are presents the results of a survey conducted by The Partnership for Public Service highlighting the federal government’s most critical hiring needs. The study predicts that by Fall of 2012, the federal government will hire approximately 273,000 new employees.
This informative website provides key information, such as:
- Where the Federal Government’s most urgent hiring needs are.
- Hiring projections by government agency and occupational field.
- Tips on finding and applying for these job opportunities.
- Key background and Best Places to Work on dozens of agencies.
- Hiring incentives, such as student loan repayment, special internships and scholarships offered by some agencies.
Take advantage of this useful, comprehensive website to get a step ahead of the competition, and feel free to schedule an appointment with Career Services for assistance with putting together your application materials. Also, we hope you’ll view our “Navigating the Federal Hiring Process” webinar archived under “Career Webinars” in our Career Lecture Series.
Written by Career Services Advisor Nicolle Skalski